One of the main causes of printer troubles are the rollers. Over time these rollers become dirty from dust, ink and paper particles. When these printer rollers become contaminated with these particles then you start to see a few common symptoms like streaks on the paper when you print or scan a document or the paper feeder doesn’t always pick up the paper.
1. You will need a bottle of isopropyl alcohol (at least 70% alcohol) and a lint free cloth or paper towel.
2. Refer to your owners manual and open your printer as much as possible to reveal all your printer rollers. You will also want to blowout any dust or particles from your printer with a can of compressed air or just use your lungs.
3. Put some isopropyl alcohol on your cloth or paper towel and apply it to the roller with one hand. With the other hand rotate the roller while continuing to put pressure with the cloth.
4. Repeat step 3 until all the rollers have been cleaned. Afterward give a nice blow at the rollers to make sure that they are free any any particles.
5. Close all the compartments of your printer and your done.
- If you can’t find your printer manual then you can download or view the manual from the manufacturers website.
That’s it! It’s really that simple. We hope the tutorial “How to Clean Dirty Printer Rollers” has helped you with your printer repair issue.
You can watch this tutorial on video by clicking the play button below. For the full screen version click the second button from the right on the video.
If you need more help regarding this “How to Clean Dirty Printer Rollers” tutorial then let us know by visiting our Repair Questions page.