Cost of Repair
In this tutorial I will show you how install an inverter in the LCD screen of a laptop. So what is an inverter? It’s what power the backlight of the LCD screen so you can see your screen and allow you to adjust the brightness of your LCD. A laptop inverter failing is a common problem and a fairly easy fix with the right knowledge and tools. A little word of caution for people is just because your LCD screen is really dim it doesn’t mean that you inverter is always the problem. Sometime the backlight on the LCD itself has failed or the screen connector on the motherboard has fail. If it is the inverter then let’s get started and fix your screen.
1. For this repair you will need a pointy metal tool and a screw driver.
2. Unplug the power supply from the laptop and remove the battery before starting this inverter repair.
3. Now locate the screw covers on your screen and remove them to expose the screws.
4. Remove all the necessary screws from your screen and then use your pointy tool to find a spot to gently pry open the screen cover. Some screen covers are cheap plastic so be very careful when doing this step.
5. Once you’ve unsnapped the cover from the case remove the cover and find the inverter which is located at the bottom of the LCD screen.
6. Most inverters have a screw holding them in place so you will have to remove the screw and then will have access to the inverter.
7. Next step is to unplug the inverter from the both the motherboard and LCD. When you unplug both connectors be careful as the wires are pretty delicate.
8. Find your new inverter and then plug it into your laptop. Once it’s plugged it screw the inverter into the case.
9. Replace the screen cover and screw it back into place. Now put the screw covers into the holes and put your battery back in the laptop. Plug in your laptop and watch as your screen has come back to life. It’s that easy.
– Inverters must be grounded so don’t forget to screw your inverter to the case.
That’s it! It’s really that simple. We hope the tutorial “How to Install a Laptop LCD Inverter” has helped you with your computer repair issue.
You can watch this tutorial on video by clicking the play button below. For the full screen version click the second button from the right on the video.
If you need more help regarding this “How to Install a Laptop LCD Inverter” tutorial then let us know by visiting our Repair Questions page.