Cost of Repair
In this tutorial I will show you how to remove and install a wireless card in a laptop. The reliability of wireless cards is very good but sometimes they do fail and sometimes a person might want to have two wireless cards in their laptops if they have the slots. The difficulty of this tutorial varies greatly from laptop to laptop because some laptop don’t have an easy access panel for the wireless card and some laptops have to be completely taken apart to get access to the adapter. Another problem is where to find a new or used laptop wireless adapter. The best source is usually from eBay or direct from the manufacturer. Once you’ve figured out all the details you can follow the simple steps below.
1. Before getting starting, you will need a screwdriver to complete this tutorial.
2. Find the panel that covers the wireless adapter and unscrew it. Sometimes the adapter will be hiding under a shared panel with the RAM.
3. Once you’ve found the wireless card, disconnect the two antenna contacts from the card.
4. Now remove the screws from the wireless card and gently pull out the card from the slot.
5. Grab the replacement laptop wireless card and insert it into the slot at a 45 degree angle and then keep the card down with your finger while replacing the screws.
6. Once the adapter is screwed in, then reconnect the antenna to the adapter.
7. Place the panel back on the laptop and screw it in. Now you’re done.
- It is always recommended that you unplug the power supply and remove the battery from the laptop before proceeding with this tutorial.
That’s it! It’s really that simple. We hope the tutorial “How to Replace a Laptop Wireless Card” has helped you with your computer repair issue.
You can watch this tutorial on video by clicking the play button below. For the full screen version click the second button from the right on the video.
If you need more help regarding this “How to Replace a Laptop Wireless Card” tutorial then let us know by visiting our Repair Questions page.